Leominster High School Athletic
WALL OF FAME
Robert W. Cosseboom – 2015
- Graduated from Leominster HIgh School – Class of 1945
- He was President of his class
- While in high school, he participated in many clubs and school activities, usually in leadership positions and won awards in these activities.
- After graduation he spent his entire working career as an employee of local retail establishments.
- Although he never achieved his youthful ambition of becoming a sports reporter, he maintained an abiding interest in Leominster High sports and social activities.
- TAG (Teen Age Gathering or Group) started in 1948. Robert Cosseboom took over as Director in 1950 and ran it until 1974.
- The TAG Dance happened every Saturday night during the school year at City Hall and it drew people from miles around.
- TAG donated thousands of dollars in scholarships and athletic awards to many LHS students.
- Bob was also the donor of the Broderick – Kucharski award which was given each year at graduation.
- Hallmark of the original TAG Dance was that the money Bob Cossomboom earned all went back to the community for sponsoring local sports teams or buying outfits for cheerleaders etc.
- Bob was always ready to lend support to many civic activities.
- He was instrumental in raising funds for scholarships for graduates of Leominster High School.
- Having graduated as President of the Class of 1945, Bob was an active member of the reunion committee.