Leominster High School Athletic
WALL OF FAME
Aldo Cossi MD – 2021
- Graduate of Leominster High School—Class of 1973
- Member of the National Honor Society and graduated second in her class
- First and only girl to make the Boy’s Cross-Country team.
- One of the founding members of the first Woman’s Track Team at LHS in 1972
- 1972–set an AAU Track and Field record in the 880 with a time of 2:32
- 1973–set a record in the 440 with a time of 63.6
- Held the LHS Woman’s Track records for the mile and 880 for many years
- In 1973–won the mile at Massachusetts Girl’s State Track Meet–school record of 5:25.3.
- Received Senior Athletic Award Plaque from the LHS Girl’s Athletic Association.
- Attended Smith College on full scholarship and received her medical degree (MD) from Georgetown University School of Medicine in 1983
- Took a year off from her radiology residency in order to train for the 1988 Olympic Trials. She made the qualifying standard in the 800m but was injured prior to the Olympic Trials and did not recover in time to compete.
- 4th overall (3rd US Finisher) 1988 US Track and Field Indoor National Championships at Madison Square Garden with a time of 4:47.66 in the mile.
- Active Duty US Army 1989 – 1993. Honorable Discharge 1993 with rank of Major
- Received the Army Meritorious Service Medal the Army Commendation Medal
- Academic Appointment: Associate Professor of Radiology, Boston University School of Medicine
- A lifetime runner and who still competes as a Master’s Athlete in Track and Field